Lisa/MX v2.0 with 10DoM Aspirin IMU
This is the Lisa/M you know and love but with improved processing power provided by an STM32-F4 processor with a floating point unit enabling faster computation and hugely improved control and estimation capability for your vehicles.
Paparazzi Compatibility Notes:
The Lisa/M-F4 is FULLY compatible with paparazzi flight software and uses the same software setup as a lisa_mx in the airframe file.
The specific airframe file tag is <target name="ap" board="lisa_mx_2.0">F4 Advantages
- 168MHz CPU speed, 1MB flash and 192kb RAM
- FPU (fast floating point computations)
- configurable DMA streams (more peripherals can use DMA)
- multiplexed IO pins (peripherals can be mapped to various IO pins)
- CPU usage only about 5% with standard rotorcraft flight configuration
Bootloader DetailsBlack Magic Probe) or via DFU-UTIL.Luftboot currently supports only F1xx chips, so you will not be able to use the integrated micro-USB connector to flash the autopilot via Luftboot.
Lisa/M Autopilot v2.0
With a footprint of only 24mm by 40mm, the Lisa/M autopilot is one of the smallest in its class, yet incorporates almost everything you need to build full-featured autonomous UAVs. It is compatible with the Paparazzi UAV project software.
In brief, the STM32 features 3 USARTS, 2 SPI, 2 I2C, 1 CAN, a plethora of timers, ADCs and a generic DMA able to serve all of them.
Lisa/M v2.0 includes 8 servo outputs and 3 UART serial interfaces. A number of the communication interfaces are level-shifted with user-selectable voltage to allow interfacing with all kinds of peripherals, for example:
- Infrared (IR) horizon sensors
- Hobby (PWM), MK-compatible (I2C), and CAN-bus brushless motor controllers
- One or two 2.4GHz Spektrum® DSM2-compatible remote-control satellite receivers
Aspirin IMU v2.2
The Aspirin series represents the next generation of ultra-small, flat 10 degree-of-measurement (DoM) Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs). Aspirin works seamlessly with Lisa/M for easy attitude estimation in the smallest package possible. Using estimators built into Paparazzi, update rates of up to 512 times per second are possible.
The Aspirin IMU pre-mounted onto the Lisa/M with F4, includes:
- The InvenSense MPU-6000 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope chip
- The Honeywell HMC5883 3-axis magnetometer
- The Measurement Specialties MS5611-01BA03 barometer
The Lisa/M-F4 uses the same Aspirin mounting setup as the Lisa/M. Why have we not just integrated the Aspirin onto the same PCB as the Lisa/M-F4?
- The additional layers under the IMU stiffen the autopilot locally, reducing any chance of faulty readings due to board flex in acrobatic flight.
- The IMU can be placed on a breakout board and mounted away from the main autopilot to reduce interference if required for your aircraft configuration.
- It allows us to provide you with the Lisa/M-F4 without an IMU mounted in case you want to use an Aspirin IMU that you already own.
- It save on tooling costs, a benefit that we pass on to you in the form of a lower price!
Lisa/M with F4 can be programmed in the following ways:
- The JTAG connector allows in-circuit debugging of your software. To program using the JTAG connector we recommend using the Black Magic Probe Mini.
Additional materialAspirin documentation on the Paparazzi wiki
IMU configuration files can be found at the following links:
- Aspirin v1.5 - sample config file only, IMU should be calibrated after mounting on the vehicle.
- Aspirin v2.x - although the unit comes factory calibrated, we recommend that users calibrate the unit after mounting on the airframe for optimal performance.
Need wires and connectors for your Lisa/M?
The following pre-crimped wires are also available on our store:We also offer the following kits which include picoblade compatible connectors and pre-crimped wires for Lisa/Ms: